Small Charity Big Heart
Working for your local community is one of the best gifts you could ever give. It’s also one of the hardest.
Especially in the current times, most charities have been adversely affected by Covid-19, making staff redundant or furloughed simply to survive.
Now more than ever charities need to be saving money and building capacity at the same time. Fundraising with little or no staff, keeping activities going for members and service users is a stretch, funders are wanting to know projects are well managed and financially sound…. The list is endless.
How can your charity show your programmes are sound, viable and well managed now and into the future?
We have been supporting small charities develop amazing volunteer services, the results have been brilliant. Big hearts create wonderful engagement and growth opportunities.
Even more positive, we can replicate these successes and tailor approaches specifically for your charity.
Our tailored consulting approach will help you to:
- Understand the real value of volunteers and how they can improve RoI
- Maximise your resources and strengthen your community engagement
- Increase your pool of skills and talent resources
- Capacity building
- Have viable statistics for funders present and future
Skilled at working on funded contracts, we will help set up and manage:
- Attracting the right volunteers skill-set
- Recruitment, Training and Induction of volunteers
- Managing the volunteer service to a tight budget creating cost-savings where possible
- Improve your charities brand awareness
- Create suitable volunteer-led fundraising initiatives
Soul’s Compass is able to help with volunteering initiatives across a range of charitable sectors.
Case Study 1 – Volunteer Growth Despite a Global Pandemic
A Heritage site won NLHF funding. March 2020, saw the service pivot from in-person Front of House volunteering to remote Digital Support provision.
Within six weeks the entire project shifted on-line including:
- New volunteer roles were designed and delivered
- Recruitment, training and development specialised for digital support volunteers
- Managing and motivating a remote volunteer group
- Helping improve digital access for both volunteers and the community
- Over 30 diverse volunteers delivering online activities
- Improved community relationships whilst increasing engagement levels
- Diverse range of skills supporting project outputs into 2021/2022
Case Study 2 – Specialist Care in the Community Pilot Project Reaches No.1
A north London Hospice won Macmillan funding to pilot a new model of specialist community care for End-of-Life patients. This had not existed as an offering before.
Volunteering arm reached number 1 in the UK for:
- most social impact in the community
- most volunteer hours
- most supportive volunteers
Creative solutions involved:
- Recruiting for Specialist Community Volunteers
- Specialist training and support groups
- Managing volunteers in the community
- Balancing staff buy-in and support
Since 2016, further projects developed from the pilot and continue to support the local community with specialist support today.
Case study 3 – Employability Volunteers
An enterprise organisation secured funding to run employability programme.
As a small organisation, insufficient staff were on-hand to support the project.
Creative solutions included:
- Recruitment, management and development of volunteer support team
- Workshop development for both volunteers and service-users
- Liaising with Local Employers, Schools and Job Centres
- Successful subsequent bids won
- Volunteer support improved key output attainment
- Upskilling the local community
Over 18-months, 90+ local residents supported into full and part-time employment.
Case Study 4 – Centralising Services
A local London Community Centre has a thriving volunteer cohort.
Over time different projects caused disparate management of volunteers across teams.
Creative solutions include:
- Efficient processes and time-saving maximises resources
- Creating central recruitment, communications and reporting functions
- Creating rewarding cross-volunteering opportunities
- Ensuring consistent recognition and rewarding volunteers continues
- Freeing up essential resources and increasing successful bids
- Funders and Boards getting relevant up-to-date data
- Increasing volunteer engagement, retention and outputs
Board reports currently showing quarterly increases in key outputs.
Grow your charity now…
Ready to see how we can help your charity thrive?
Book your free consultation call to get started
What our wonderful clients and colleagues say:
“Cheryl-lya has been a speaker/workshop leader for RBN (the Unltd and Bountagu networking group). This group supports an array of businesses including social enterprises and charities, micro businesses and pre-start ups. Cheryly-lya’s workshops have been engaging even though Zoom, informative and inclusive. The amazing crib sheets / booklets that she hands outs lay each subject out simple and step-by-step which have helped every participant on the day and after.” Zoe White, RBN funded by Unltd
“I work with Cheryl-lya on the Newington Green Meeting House heritage project. She has done a great job recruiting and managing talented volunteers who have brought lots to the table. Her dedication to the volunteer programme has been a real boon for the team.” Nick Toner Marketing Manager
“Cheryl-lya S Broadfoot has run the Enfield showcase for years, now with lock down she has gong on line and show cased us individually with zoom interviews. She is also very good at carrier guidance for those of us in the holistic community. check out the Soul-full-Sundays on youtube.” — Sandira Michaels
“Thank you again for such a well-organised event!” Enfield Stallholder & Particiapnat
“Thank you so much for organising such a great event. We had a fantastic time. Hope to be at your next event.” Stallholder, Enfield, UK
“Fantastic day, loved it!” Business Owner, Enfield
“Prior to the event I was well supported and updated regularly. I enjoyed every moment during my time at the Enfield Wellbeing showcase, meeting new people and potential future clients. I will do this over again, and I can’t wait to take part in the next show case.” Business Owner – UK
“The event was so good and diverse with so many different stalls and talks and section it was a great day thank you so much I had a great day xxxx” Business Owner Survey Feedback
“When I first agreed to work with Cheryl-lya as my business mentor my project was in its early stages. I had been happily developing my product and had not given a thought to the more practical business aspect of the project. Very quickly in the first session it dawned on me that it was going to require a more grounded structure, some routine and commitment as well as all the input from spirit. Cheryl-lya’s whole approach takes all this into consideration. Also what was striking very quickly was just how personal the process is, something else I hadn’t considered before talking with Cheryl-lya. When you create something, in my case a business, it becomes a walking talking expression of who you are- this was a very daunting prospect for me at first. However my time with Cheryl-lya these past 6 months has been invaluable. Our work together has been so integral in getting my ideas grounded and given some structure. This has enabled me to see that what I previously thought was some ‘big mystery’ that I was missing the instructions for was in fact just an illusion! “ Amelia Lilaiyyna Moore, UK
“Cheryl-lya is my business coach and mentor and has very patiently helped me with strategic planning and overview. Although I would much rather be working on transformation with clients, she has shown me the value of this work. She continues to keep me on track and moving forward. I am very grateful for her support, generosity and wisdom. I highly recommend her ‘Be Your Business Destiny Now‘ Programme” Suzan J Wells, UK